The brain absorbs information 600,000 time faster visually than aurally, which is why Cisco predicts that internet video will account for 82% of all traffic by 2021. In fact, it’s just silly not to have your key messages in video format these day.
Put simply, video works. Just look at the statistics (Forbes).
- 65% of executives have visited a company’s web site after watching a video
- 53% of executives conducted a vendor search after watching a video
- 40% of executive under 40 have made a business related purchase decision after watching a video
Video content also delivers more information per minute compared to text and images. An individual with the maximum reading speed can only read up to 700 words per minute. On the other hand, a one-minute video can contain the equivalent 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research. )
A study by Eyeview about using video on landing pages showed it does make a big difference. In fact it can increase conversion by as much as 80% and visitors are likely to stay on your sight for twice as long. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions.
Look at these 7 statistics
1. 90 % of users say “seeing a video” about a product is helpful in the decision process
2. Videos increase our understanding of a product or services by 74%
3. Viewers retain 95% of a message by watching videos!
4. After a video is viewed 64% of online viewers are more likely to go ahead and purchase that product!
5. 36% of online consumers trust video ads!
6. Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97%!
7. If a viewer likes your video your brand preference will jump by 35% and your brand association will rise by 139%!